The DI-1000 is perfect for touring sound applications and recording studios, yielding excellent results with active or passive bass guitars, keyboards, and both acoustic and electric guitars. The DI-1000 is the ultimate means for transferring musical instrument signals direct to a mixing console.
The DI-1000 is a high quality direct box with applications both in the recording studio and on the road, designed to withstand the most demanding situations. It can operate as either a passive impedance matching device via the Jensen JT-DB-EP transformer, or as an active DI where the Sonic Maximizer circuit can be engaged with the signal still balanced at its output by the Jensen transformer.
Above all, the DI-1000 was designed without compromise, with paramount imporance placed on maintaining the highest sonic integtity. No competitive high-end DI unit can deliver the clear, pure and natural sound that the DI-1000 can.
- Full Function BBE Sonic Maximizer for crystalline clarity and definition
- Jensen JT-DB-EPC Transformer for warmth and presence
- Purely Passive or completely Active operation
- Switchable 0/15dB/30dB Pad Switch
- Ground lift switch
- Balanced XLR Output
- 1/4” Tip-Sleeve input and thru-put
- Military-spec circuit boards
- Extra-thick, extra-wide circuit board traces for unequaled electron flow
- 1% metal film resistors throughout
- Solid 1/8” thick aluminum extrusion housing for light weight and superb strength
- Made with pride in the USA
- 5 year warranty
Michael Molenda, Editor-in-Chief of Guitar Player magazine, heaped on the praise in his review of the BBE DI-1000 and DI-100x featured in the August 2003 issue:
"Both DIs sounded sweet, clear, airy and squeaky clean. The BBE's real strength is providing uncolored sound ... When I turned off the Maximizer, I just wanted it back on again - it's kind of addictive. [The BBE DIs offer] a quality DI with the added weapon of the Sonic Maximizer - an option you won't find on any other direct box..."