The DI-100x is a high-quality professional-grade active DI box for touring sound applications and recording studios. It has a major advantage over other high-end DI boxes on the market, with its built-in Sonic Maximizer processor which employs the BBE 4th Generation Processing Engine - just like the 482i and 882i Sonic Maximizer models. The DI-100x yields excellent results with active or passive bass guitars, keyboards, and both acoustic and electric guitars. The DI-100x is an excellent choice for transferring any musical instrument signal direct to a mixing console.
Above all, the DI-100x was designed without compromise, with paramount imporance placed on maintaining the highest sonic integtity. All of the switches, pots and connectors are connected directly to its military-spec circuit board, rather than “fly-wired” to the PC board. The primary advantage of this design is that allows the legs of most board mounted components to be dramatically thicker than the narrow conductors commonly employed in many audio designs. All this in a musically engineered and massively constructed DI that can withstand the most demanding conditions.
- Full Function BBE Sonic Maximizer for crystalline clarity and definition
- 15dB Pad Switch
- Ground lift switch
- Electronically-balanced XLR output
- Impedance-balanced 1/4” Tip-Sleeve output
- Military-spec circuit boards
- Extra-thick, extra-wide circuit board traces for unequaled electron flow
- 1% metal film resistors throughout
- Solid 1/8” thick aluminum extrusion housing for light weight and superb strength
- Recessed switches to reduce the opportunities for damage
- No-slip full bottom pad to stop slippage and prevent ground contamination through chassis to chassis contact
- Made with pride in the USA
- 5 year warranty
Michael Molenda, Editor-in-Chief of Guitar Player magazine, heaped on the praise in his review of the BBE DI-1000 and DI-100x featured in the August 2003 issue:
"Both DIs sounded sweet, clear, airy and squeaky clean. The BBE's real strength is providing uncolored sound ... When I turned off the Maximizer, I just wanted it back on again - it's kind of addictive. [The BBE DIs offer] a quality DI with the added weapon of the Sonic Maximizer - an option you won't find on any other direct box..."