The BBE® MaxCom™ is a highly sophisticated Dual-Channel Compressor and Limiter with Gate, housed in a compact and easy-to-use package. It provides a live or recorded mix with all the clean, clear punch that only a truly professional dynamics controller can. However, the MaxCom is much more than a high-quality, superbly engineered compressor/limiter.
The MaxCom is the first signal processor of its kind to feature an on-board BBE Sonic Maximizer. The BBE High Definition Sound process employed by the Sonic Maximizer is world renown among music and sound professionals for remarkable improvements in total sound quality, bringing crystalline clarity and air to the source material as well as revealing rich harmonic subtleties. The MaxCom employs BBE's latest High Definition Sound technology, in the very same 4th Generation BBE Professional chipset which powers the 482i and 882i Sonic Maximizers.
The “over-engineering” in the MaxCom ensures that both its compression and gating provide versatility and excellent sonic performance in situations where other compressor/gates often produce undesirable processing artifacts. At the heart of the MaxCom is a THAT Corporation VCA known throughout the industry as the premier dynamics processing VCA.
This single-rack-space dynamics processor includes two independent full-featured compressor/limiters, each channel having independent controls for Threshold, Compression Ratio, Attack Time and Release Time. Additionally, the MaxCom’s “linking” function allows for phase-coherent tracking of stereo signals and adjustment from the Channel One controls. Comprehensive metering is achieved via dual bar-graph meters on each channel that indicate Input Level and Gain Reduction.
MaxCom’s intuitive design makes it easy to operate, and its rigorous engineering and robust construction assure clean, distortion free audio and a predictable, repeatable range of control from undetectable to clearly identifiable. Whether the goal is to pull a “lost” instrument up in the mix, control vocal levels or dial in hard-limited speaker protection, the MaxCom can accomplish the task with ease, reliability and sonic excellence. By offering a superb, full-featured compressor/limiter with an integrated BBE Sonic Maximizer system, the MaxCom has no equal at any price.
- Sonic Maximizer™
- THAT® Corp. VCA
- BBE Sonic Maximizer adds clarity and definition
- “Auto” mode for easy setup
- Dual bar-graph meters for input level and gain reduction
- Stereo link for phase-coherent stereo compression
- Dynamically controlled, program adaptive gate for noiseless and seamless operation
- Full Function 4th Generation
- BBE Sonic Maximizer
- THAT Corp. VCA
- 2 channel compressor/expander unit with gate function
- Peak limiter to protect from clipping
- Inputs and outputs via balanced XLR or unbalanced 1/4" jacks
- Key in and out via 1/4" TRS
- 2 year warranty
- Frequency response: ……20-20,000Hz
- T.H.D: ………………Less than 0.05%
- S/N ratio: ……………More than 94dB
- Threshold: …………-40dBu to +20dBu
- Compression ratio: ……………1:1-11:1
- Attack time: ……………0.1-200 msec
- Gate threshold: …………off to +10dBu