The new Brainstorm "SR-8000 Remote" perfectly interfaces with the RADAR via MIDI Machine Control.
The SR-8000 is an intuitive and user friendly multiple-machine remote. Designed primarily for post-production
applications, the SR-8000 provides functionality previously found in expensive, complicated controllers. It can be used
for most any audio or audio-for-video application, including ADR and Foley studios. Up to eight (8) machines can be
connected to the SR-8000 including tape transports (such as DTRS), hard disc recorders or DAWʼs. Integration with
external synchronizers can provide expanded control.
The SR-8000 system is comprised of a remote control interface
unit connected to an I/O box by a single cable. It features
illuminated transport keys, large displays, and a high precision
jog/shuttle wheel. The capture keys and function keys
greatly accelerate and simplify many standard operations,
and up to 100 loops can be stored in memory, with functions
like Rehearse, Auto-Record, and Repeat.
All connections to the machines are made at the I/O box,
away from the user. The SR-8000 has one 9-pin serial port
(P2), and one MIDI IN and one MIDI OUT
port using Midi port using Midi Machine Control (MMC). A computer port for downloading
edit timings is also provided.
A typical set up might include one video machine on the 9-pin
port, and one or several audio machines on the midi ports.
Track arming capability is included. Machines can be operated
individually or grouped together. For applications requiring
several serial machines or synchronization, the SR-8000
can also communicate with various synchronizers.
For facilities large or small, the SR-8000 Remote with its long list of features and intuitive interface will promote a fast and
efficient work flow. The Brainstorm SR-8000 provides familiar controls and functions for todayʼs audio environment.
- High precision Jog/Shuttle Wheel
- 10 fully programmable Function Keys
- Illuminated transport keys
- Full size numeric keypad
- Large LED time code reader + 80 characters LCD
- Aux Counter (LCD) reads slave tc, offset or difference
- 1 serial 9-pin port (P2), 1 MIDI input & 1 MIDI output
- 8 GPOʼs (open collector) + beep generator
- RAM Battery back up
- Computer port for transferring lists
- Chase mode with individual offsets
- Offsets can be entered manually or captured automatically.
- Track arming w/ 24tr status display
- LCD indicates if machines have an offset, tracks armed for record and their lock status
- 100 memory registers - each can include both IN and OUT points
- Loop functions: