The Cascade M20u offers a new body style & grill along with
improved specifications and performance. The new 1.07" gold
vapor-diaphragm makes the M20u a great studio microphone capable of
excelling in many applications of recording tasks and environments. The
M20u is great for recording vocals, acoustic guitars, drums, guitar
cabinets, horns and percussion instruments.
The M20u employs a -10 dB pad and lo-cut filter switch. With it's
smooth frequency response, transparency, and dynamic range, it's easy
to see why the M20u is a valuable addition to a wide range of users.
- Capsule: New 1.07"/28 mm 5" edge connected, gold vapor-diaphragm
- Construction: heavy duty machined brass with anodized finish
- Polar Pattern: cardioid
- Operating voltage: +48V Phantom Power
- Electronics: New low-noise class A discrete Fet+Bi-Polar, transformer-coupled
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: -38.5 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Equivalent noise level: (A-Weighted per IEC 286-4) <15 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD: <0.5% (1 kHz) 140 dB w/Pad
- Switchable low frequency cut-off: -6 dB @ 100 Hz
- Switchable pad: -10 dB
- New improved suspension shockmount
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Weight: 525 grams/1.16 lbs.
- Dimensions: 47 x 215 mm / 2 x 8.6"
- M20u 1.07" LDC Microphone
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Padded vinyl storage pouch
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
Quote from Eben Grace:
"The Cascade M20 is an amazingly well built and great sounding
microphone. It gets used all the time in my studio and makes a great
match with the Grace Model 101." - Eben Grace of Grace Design.