Open sound...no modification required.
Offers improved sensitivity and added acoustic treatment within the body (prevents resonating low frequencies).
The Cascade VIN-JET ribbon microphone features a 2 7/16" long ribbon
of aluminum suspended in the field of a pair of Neodymium rare earth
permanent magnets. When the ribbon is exposed to sound it vibrates
within the magnetic field and a tiny current is induced in the ribbon.
This current is amplified to produce sound. What makes ribbon
microphones so incredibly sensitive and accurate is that the signal
comes directly from the material that senses the sound; nothing is lost
in translation. The result is the most intimate, warm, and articulate
sound produced by any type of microphone. Ribbon microphones are an
excellent choice for recording guitar cabinets, drum overheads and
Neodymium rare earth permanent magnet is a new kind of magnetic
material developed in the 1980's with excellent magnetic
characteristics in terms of high energy product, high coercive force
etc. It is the most strong and powerful magnetic material up to now and
regarded as The King of Magnet.
- Vintage audio quality of a classic ribbon microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.2 micron, 2 7/16" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Smooth, natural extended low and high ends
- Fast, accurate transient response
- 165dB SPL capability
- Figure-8 pickup pattern
- Wide, extended sweet spots
- Ideal for stereo microphone setups
- Suspension shockmount
- Thick padded storage pouch
- Upgrade Aluminum case
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Accurate specifications....preformed by Cross spectrum Labs.
Available with Swedish Made Lundahl LL2912 Transformer
Lundahl LL 2912 Data Sheet PDF
Quality aspects of Lundahl Transformers
Frequency Response and Polar Pattern PDF
For more information, click here