The PCM 81 Digital Effects Processor has everything that made the PCM 80 the top choice among studio effects processors – and more. More effects, more algorithms, longer delay, and full AES/EBU I/O. Each effect has an uncompromised stereo reverb with several voices of additional effects. A full complement of Pitch Shifters provides doubling, quadruple-tracking, chorus, and pitch correction within a range of up to three octaves (up or down) - in one cent increments, as well as unique special effects. 300 presets give you instant access to pitch, reverb, ambience, sophisticated modulators, over 21 seconds of delay time, and dynamic spatialization effects for 2-channel or surround applications.
The PCM 81 features two digital signal processors: Lexicon's proprietary Lexichip™, to run the reverbs, and a second DSP engine to handle the other effects. With 24-bit internal processing, a true stereo signal path, balanced analog I/O, full AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O, the ability to mix analog and digital inputs together, and extensive modulation capabilities, the PCM 81 offers an enormous range of studio quality effects.
Pitch FX and Vocal Fix algorithms and presets (available for the PCM 80 on PC cards) are built into the PCM 81. Adding Lexicon's Dual FX algorithm card and preset cards for the PCM 80 (which all work with the 81) increases the number of algorithms to over 40 and the number of presets to nearly 800.
Features at a Glance
- All of the features of the PCM 80 PLUS built-in PITCH and Vocal FIX
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF I/O
- 17 Algorithms: 4-Voice, 6-Voice and Pitch
- 300 Preset programs; 50 User
- Dynamic spatialization effects for 2-channel or surround applications
- Studio-standard reverbs and effects, including all of the algorithms from the legendary PCM-70.
- A single Adjust knob is automatically attached to all applicable parameters in each factory tailored preset. This allows fast and powerful modification of each preset in real time without ever going into the Edit mode.
- Optional PC (PCMCIA) Cards for both new algorithm programs and user presets
- Pro and Go Modes: Go mode gives you access to as many as ten hand-picked parameters for any particular preset. Pro Mode allows full access to an Edit Matrix of as many as a hundred parameters.
- Balanced Analog I/O - XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs.
- Digital Inputs & Outputs (S/PDIF)
- 300 Presets and 50 User Registers are internal and standard
- 24 Bit Internal Processing
- Multiple DSP Architecture
- PCMCIA Card Slot for software updates and program storage
- Over 21 seconds of delay time.
- Unique Tempo Modes including Tap-Tempo and MIDI clock control
- Dynamic Spatialization: 3-D effects processing (compatible with Surround Sound systems)
- A Library of over 700 carefully crafted factory programs with resident and PC-card software.
For more information, click here