When the term "graphic equalizer" was first coined, the intent was
to provide a device that allowed the user to "draw" the desired
frequency response using slider controls on the unit's front panel.
Thus, the Holy Grail of graphic equalizers is a device with a response
that truly matches the slider settings. For years, this seemingly
unobtainable goal resulted in products based on the fine art of
compromise - until now - until the DEQ 60.
It's not Constant - not Proportional - It's Perfect! Digital Signal Processing (DSP) allows filter technology not possible with analog designs. Rane coined the term Perfect-QTM to describe the results (U.S. & international patents filed). The DEQ 60 is the world's first true graphic equalizer (i.e., one providing real mechanical front panel slide controls) whose output response precisely matches its front panel settings. Perfect-Q features virtually no band interaction and extremely low ripple between adjacent bands. Just to keep things interesting and flexible, fear not proportional-Q lovers, for each channel of the DEQ 60 is selectable between Perfect-Q or proportional-Q response.
|Classic Proportional-Q Response (front panel switchable) Difference
|Popular Constant-Q Response Difference Found in Analog Rane Equalizers
|Perfect-Q Response (front panel switchable), No Difference!
|Typical PA adjustment showing the difference between Perfect-Q and Proportional-Q. Which curve more precisely matches the slider positions?|
For all the details, read the RaneNote "Perfect-Q, the Next Step in Graphic EQ Design".
The DEQ 60 Graphic Equalizer provides the most complete set of pure EQ functions ever offered in an analog controlled equalizer.
DEQ 60 / DEQ 60L Data Sheet (200k) |
Manual (200k) |
DEQ 60 ad (1.4M) |
Live Sound Tool Kit ad (900k)
- Perfect-QTM : What You See Is What You Get
- No EQ filter interaction
- Proportional-Q: Classic smooth response
- Independent Accelerated-SlopeTM 3-band full-cut tone controls
- Low-cut and High-cut filters
- Input and Output Level controls
- Eight segment metering for each Input and Output
- Two Boost / Cut ranges: ±6 dB or ±12 dB
- Each channel may use A or B channel controls
- Stereo Linking
- Two "analog memories"
- A-curve / B-curve comparison
- 25 mm sliders with soft-touch faders
- Analog controlled DSP
- XLR, 1/4" TRS and Euroblock connectors
- Bypass switch (DSP), Bypass relay (power failure)
- Exceptional RF and magnetic immunity
- Universal internal switching power supply
- Includes 3.5" security cover