The Empath mixer combines the vision of Grandmaster Flash and Rane technology.
Compact size, exceptional performance and advanced features set the Empath
mixer apart. The Empath is the most able 3-channel, 10" format mixer available.
The name implies: understanding, awareness and sensitivity to the needs
The top plate is durable Lexan, available in 4 versions:
- Original Electric Blue
- Dark Grey on Black (like the TTM 56)
- Grandmaster Flash Gold Signature Edition
- New Rotary Empath
All four versions have the same operating features. The Signature Edition
comes with a rugged road case, including room underneath
the mixer for cables and headphones. The case is also available separately. The Empath
mixer meets the requirements of all DJ genres: trance
· downtempo · techno · breakbeat · hip-hop · scratch · house · drum
& bass · live music · freestyle · reggae · hardcore · chill... and more
Features Important to
- Universal internal power supply. When traveling, finding power supply
adapters is difficult. The Empath accepts 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz power,
for use anywhere in the world without adapters.
- Auto-Gain prevents performance-wrecking swings in program level
when changing sources. The music is never too soft or clipped.
- FlexFX is a post-fader external stereo effects loop with
individual Dry/Wet pan controls for Mic and Input Channels 1, 2 and 3.
- Penny & Giles faders are simply the best money can buy.
Smooth, accurate and reliable mixing is made possible by employing the
most respected name in audio faders.
- Two kinds of fader caps are provided for different mixing preferences:
soft rubber caps for smooth mixing, and hard plastic caps for fast mixing.
- Flash-Cue allows the DJ to rapidly select Crossfader A-Cue-sum or
Crossfader B-Cue-sum with the flick of a switch, normally slow or complicated
on other mixers.
- Multiple Outputs. Nothing is more frustrating than arriving at a
club and finding their jacks don't match. Systems may have XLR, TRS or
RCA connectors. The Empath provides all three.
- Low and High headphone tone controls allow the DJ to match their
mixer to their headphones.
- Both 1/8" and 1/4" headphone jacks are simultaneously usable. More
headphones are compatible with the Empath.
- Two assignable CD triggers work with any CD player with fader start
- Accelerated-Slope, full-cut, 3-band tone controls are the most flexible
and highest quality available.
- Crossfader assign switches allow any Input Channel to be mixed on
the A-side, B-side or Post Crossfader.
- Level meters view Stereo Cue, Stereo Master Mix, Split Cue or Main
All of these features are wrapped in the smallest, most portable chassis
of any three-channel mixer. Excellent control ergonomics allow this small
package to feel as open and comfortable as much larger units.
The Auto-Gain circuit is a built-in 3:1 ratio compressor, keeping your
levels consistent. The diagonal black line shows input and output levels
equal when the Auto-Gain is disengaged. The red line shows the response
of the Auto-Gain circuit, where gain is increased when it's below 0 dB,
and decreased when it goes above 0 dB. Once Auto-Gain is activated and
the signal reaches -16 dB, gain is increased and held as shown by the blue
line (green area).
Empath Data Sheet (1.8M) |
Rotary Empath Cut Sheet (900k) |
Empath Signature Edition Cut Sheet (500k) |
Mixer Accessories Cut Sheet [for Road Case] (300k) |
Empath Manual [fader versions] (600k) |
Rotary Empath Manual (1.1M) |