The Shure KSM109 offers incredible performance for its price. It combines an extended frequency response for natural sound
reproduction with a smooth high end and a tight, controlled low end. It's all the mic you need for studio instrument recording.
Applications include, Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Bass, Cymbals,
Brass/Woodwinds, Orchestra, Ensemble Vocals, Piano, Strings, Room
Ambience, and Live Recording.
- A tight cardioid polar pattern
- Transformerless Class-A preamplifier circuitry design
- Outstanding transparency without crossover distortion
- An extended frequency response (20Hz to 20KHz)
- Natural reproduction of sound with a smooth high-end and a tight/controlled low-end
- Switchable -15dB Pad allows the input of a wider range of SPL sources
Some typical applications for the KSM109 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM109 may be used for a variety of applications other than those
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement
strongly affect the sound obtained from miking a source. You may need
to experiment with microphone placement and room treatments to achieve
the best overall sound for each application.
Includes windscreen and zippered carrying case.
For more information, click here [PDF]