Tech. Note 1 - Material Safety Data Sheet - Stabilant 22
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET -STABILANT 22 ™ - EXPIRES 01/02/2015
Manufactured by: D.W. ELECTROCHEMICALS LTD.
- 3-97 Newkirk Road North, (Unit 3)
- Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 3G4
- Phone: (905) 508-7500
- Fax: (905) 508-7502
|NO HEALTH HAZARD KNOWN - NO FIRE HAZARD |
Chemical Name & Identity:
- Name: Stabilant 22 (No synonyms)
- Use: Electrical contact enhancer
- 100% [No Fire or Health Hazard] - falls under 9003-11-6 (a ModifiedPolyoxypropylene-Polyoxyethylene Block Polymer of the Polyglycol family.
- Hazardous Ingredients: (EPA & TSCA) - None (WHMIS) - None
FIRE & EXPLOSION HAZARDS
- Physical State: Liquid
- Appearance: Cloudy to clear liquid
- Odor: Faint Musty odor
- Odor Threshold: No Data
- Melting Point: Pour point 16' Celsius
- Boiling Point: None
- Specific Gravity: 1.05
- Density: 1.05 gms/ml
- Decomposition Temp: >210° C
- Solubility in water: 100 grams per liter
- Vapor Pressure: No Tests Run
- Vapor Density: No Tests Run
- Vapor Pressure(mm): No Tests Run
- Evaporation Rate: No Tests Run
- Index of refraction:1.454 at 25° deg. Celsius
- Coefficient of Water/oil distribution: No Tests Run
- pH: 6.1 to 7.5 @ 1 0 g/l
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC): 28%
HEALTH EFFECTS DATA
- Flammability: Will support combustion on decomposition - e.g.. materialtemperature must have been raised above 200' Celsius
- Lower Explosion Limit (% by Volume): No Tests Run
- Flash Point: 200° Celsius
- Method: coc
- Hazardous Combustion Products: None known
- Extinguishing Media: Water fog, C02, Foam, Dry Chemical
- Special Procedures: Self Contained Breathing Apparatus should beused when fighting a fire in a confined area or when exposed to contaminationproducts.
- Auto-ignition temperature: No Tests Run
- Explosion Data:- Sensitivity to impact: None known
- Sensitivity to Static Discharge: No Tests Run
- Unusual Fire & Explosion Hazards: Improperly Disposed of Stabilantsoaked combustible materials might be subject to spontaneous combustion.
- Dangerous Goods Class: None
- Routes of Entry: Not to be taken orally, no prolonged skin or eyeirritation noted on prolonged exposure
- LD50: 5 grams/kilogram (Oral)
- Tested on: Rats
- Skin Overexposure effects: Prolonged skin or eye contact may causelight temporary irritation.
- Skin Irritation: Limited Tests indicate no significant long termirritation
- Eye Irritation: Limited Tests indicate no significant long termirritation.
- Inhalation Acute: Very low vapor pressure suggests that this wouldnot be applicable.
- Inhalation Chronic: Very low vapor pressure suggests that this wouldnot be applicable
- Oral Ingestion: Oral ingestion of small amounts will cause diarrhea.Oral Ingestion of large amounts could cause systemic collapse.
- Effects of Acute Exposure: Oral - see above; Skin or eye, Limitedtests indicate no significant long term irritation
- Effects of Chronic Exposure: Oral - see above; Skin or eye, Limitedtests indicate no significant long term irritation.
- Exposure Limits: No Tests Run - Very low vapor pressure combinedwith the very low toxicity and the small surface areas of the materialwhen applied to contacts suggests that for practical purposes it wouldbe virtually impossible to reach an airborne concentration that would beinjurious. Limited testing on skin exposure indicate no significant longterm irritation or sensitization. We suggest a precautionary washing ofthe exposed areas with soap and water.
- Sensitization to Material: Limited Tests indicate no sensitizationeffects.
- Carcinogenicity: None Known
- Reproductive Effects: No Tests Run.
- Tetratogenicity: No Tests Run.
- Mutagenicity: No Tests Run.
- Synergistic Materials: None Known.
- Stability: Stable
- Conditions to avoid: Excessive Temperatures
- Incompatibility: None known
- Hazardous Decomposition Products: None known
- Hazardous Polymerization or Reactivity: Will not occur
- Biodegradability: No tests run - No data
- Fish Toxicity: At concentrations of up to 5 ppm. no toxic reactionswere noted
- Bacterial Inhibition in Influent: No Data
SPECIAL PROTECTION INFORMATION
- Bulk handling Observe physical safety procedures commensurate withthe size of the container involved
- Dilution: Precautions should be taken to be sure that diluted materialsare properly labeled as to the diluant used.
OTHER REGULATORY INFORMATION
- Ventilation: General mechanical ventilation is adequate
- Respiratory Protection: Use an approved respirator if exposed tomists or aerosols
- Protective Gloves: Rubber, Neoprene or Plastic when handling bulkamounts
- Eye Protection: Goggles or Face shield when handling bulk amounts.
- Footwear: Non slip when handling bulk amounts
- Clothing: Apron when handling bulk amounts
- Other: Not required
SPECIAL STORAGE PRECAUTIONS
- United States: The materials in this product have been reviewedand are not reportable under SARA title III
- Customs: The material is classified as Semiconductors, Other - underHarmonized # 8541.50.00.80
SPECIAL SHIPPING INFORMATION
- Handling & Storage Procedures: Avoid eye contact and prolongedskin contact. Store in a cool dry location.
FIRST AID - EMERGENCY
- Shipping Name: Stabilant 22 - Semiconductor: Other
- PIN (Product ID#) None
- Packing Group Class: Non-toxic
- Special Provision: None
- Subsidiary Class: None
- Schedule XII: Not applicable (Harmonized Control Number - 8541.50.00.80
- Fire: No special requirements known
- Eyes: Flush immediately with flowing water for a period of at least10 minutes and consult a physician.
- Skin: Wash with soap and water. Remove and launder contaminatedclothing before re-use. Consult a physician If irritation develops at siteof exposure.
- Ingestion: Induce vomiting and consult a physician.
- Inhalation: If the material is sprayed in large quantities, excessiveaerosol inhalation will cause irritation, congestion, and act as an expectorant.Consult a physician
OTHER DATA (Excluded from waiver at end of MSDS)
- Clean-up of Leaks & Spills: As spilled material is quite slipperyit should be covered with absorbent anti-skid material and cleaned up immediately.
- Disposal of Waste: This product is not a hazardous waste when discardedas defined in 40CFR261.337. This product is not a halognated solvent whenspent as defined in 40CFR261.317. This product may be incinerated togetherwith domestic waste so long as local regulations permit incineration.
- Halogen content: 0 ppm (µg/g
- Sulfur content: 0 ppm (µg/g)
- No chelating agent action.
Heavy Metals: D.W. Electrochemicals Ltd. has a policy of not allowingany intentional addition of any heavy metals, such as lead, cadmium, mercury,or hexavalent chromium, or their compounds, to be used in inks or in thelabels on our packaging and requires the total concentration of these materials,if present, to be so at a level of less than 100 parts per million andwe so certify.
MSDS PREPARATION DATA & EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER
- RoHS Legislation Artical 4(1) pertaining to Heavy Metals in Stabilantsand other prohibited components: D.W. Electrochemicals Ltd. has a policyof not allowing any addition of any heavy metals, such as lead, cadmium,mercury, or hexavalent chromium, or their compounds, to be used in theStabilants and requires the total concentration of these materials, ifpresent, to be so at a level of less than 100 parts per million and weso certify.
- Ozone Depleting Chemicals: Because of our corporate opposition tothe use of ODC's either in the manufacture of, or as an inclusion in anyof our products, D.W. Electrochemicals Ltd. has consistently refused toprovide any of our products in aerosol spray packaging and/or to supplyany of our materials diluted with any Class 1 ODC, and we so certify.
- PCB's: We certify that this material has been subjected to testscapable of detecting PCB's to a level of less than 2 parts per millionand no PCB's have been found.
- Packaging: New standards are in place in an attempt to reduce theamount of plastics, tape and/or adhesives used and to ensure that our packagingmay be reused or recycled.
- Prepared By: Wm Wright
- Department: Engineering
- Preparation Date: January 2nd, 2005
- Current Revision: Revision 26-Updated, also for inclusion inweb site
- Emergency Phone: (905) 508-7500
- Emergency Contact: Wm Wright
Patented Canada 1987, Us Patent 4696832. Others Pending.
©1997 D. W. Electrochemicals Ltd. This note may bereproduced or copied, provided its content is not altered. The term "contactenhancer" © 1983 Wright Electroacoustics.
NATO/CAGE Supplier code #38948
15 mL Stabilant 22 has NATO Stock Number 5999-21-909-9981
D.W. Electrochemicals Ltd. urges each customer or recipientof this MSDS to study it carefully to become aware of/and understand thehazards associated with the product. The reader should consider consultingreference works or individuals who are experts in ventilation, toxicologyor fire prevention, as necessary or appropriate to use and understand thedata contained in this MSDS.
To promote safe use and handling of this product, eachcustomer or recipient should (1) notify employees, agents, contractorsand others who may use this material, of the information in this MSDS andany other information regarding hazards or safety, (2) Furnish this sameinformation to each customer for the product, and (3) request customersto notify their employees, customers, and other users of the product ofthis information.
The information and recommendations contained herein arebased on data believed to be correct, however no guarantee or warrantyof any kind, expressed or implied, is made with respect to informationand recommendations contained herein except where certified..